Search for the green energy trailblazers of 2018 starts here
Ashden is calling for entries for the 2018 Ashden Awards, offering the chance for sustainable energy pioneers to receive global recognition and up to £20,000 each for their efforts.
Established in 2001, the Ashden Awards are a globally recognised measure for excellence in the field of green energy. Entry is free and the process will culminate in 10 winners being presented with their Award at a prestigious ceremony at the Royal Geographical Society in central London on 14 June 2018.
Speaking about the 2017 crop of winners at this year’s Ashden Awards Ceremony, the former Vice President of the USA Al Gore said: “I’m extremely inspired by the work that has been done and is ongoing. These are extremely important projects, not only because of the good they do for the individuals, the families, the communities, and the businesses. But also because these Award winners are examples that inspire others in their communities, in their nations, and people like us who are learning about their amazing work.”
This year the charity is particularly interested in the following key areas:
In the UK:
- Innovation such as energy storage, smart grid technology and new approaches to renewable energy generation
- Organisations that are transforming the UK energy market to increase the use of renewable energy, for example through peer-to-peer trading, local supply, 100% renewable tariffs and modifying demand for energy.
In developing countries and emerging markets:
- Organisations enabling the use of sustainable forms of energy to make a direct improvement to people’s health or to support health service provision
- Organisations improving energy access in areas where markets for sustainable energy products and services are under-developed and energy access rates are low
- Enterprises or programmes which provide and/or use clean energy or energy efficiency in the provision of goods and services through business activities
- Organisations or enterprises accelerating access to sustainable energy through finance and business innovation.
Only awarded to the very best exemplars in their field, an Ashden Award can have a transformative effect on the growth and revenue of winning organisations. As well as the prize money, Ashden provides winners with a wide-ranging package of support, tailor-made to their needs, which can include business support, introductions to policymakers, potential funders and investors, and sharing of expertise.
The deadline for entries 7 November 2017.
For further information and to apply visit here.
Johan Ostlund, director at CooperOstlund, has been appointed to the Anaerobic Digestion and Bioresources Association (ADBA) Advisory Board i...
Farmers and landowners who are interested in energy generation or storage projects should act quickly to avoid potentially steep fees. From ...